Mission for today: have some fun at work
Teams that play together, stay together. Whether it is Halloween, the last business day before the Christmas break, or a random Thursday afternoon why not have a little fun once in awhile?
Some simple things you can do:
- Play cards
- Play board games
- Play video games – either console or online
- Bring in a DVD and watch a movie together (and make some popcorn)
- Create something together
- If your office has any recreational facilities… use them – as a team!
The most successful team event I have held was a team potluck lunch, followed by an afternoon of playing games. One person brought in Werewolf. Another team brought in Rock Band. Another team played online. Of course, I work in video game development, so games are a big part of everyone’s lives. Still, that afternoon was inexpensive, low-key, simple to organize and was so popular that the team asked to do the same thing the next year.
Feb 14, 2013 Update: Some members of my team decided to contribute to the Harlem Shake trend on YouTube and got together to produce this video. Just simply awesome fun!
When you have completed your mission, please share the results in the comments. What did you do? Did you have fun?
- Mission For Today – The Start
- Mission For Today: Offer Help
- Mission For Today: Ask For Advice
- Mission For Today: Share Holiday Treats
- Mission For Today: Have Coffee With Someone New