Even though I joined Bloggiesta halfway through the party, I am very glad I did. This was the most focused time I have spent on my blog since I first set it up. It was a classic case of the more I learned, the more I realized that there was so much more I needed to learn. Fortunately, Bloggiesta included over two hundred mostly book bloggers who were willing to lend a hand, share ideas and provide feedback. I realized that working with a community of book bloggers was an effective way to learn about blogging. Writers who are avid readers have a lot to share.
In my two-day Sprint, I spent somewhere between 10 to 15 hours on my blog. How did I do with respect to my goals for the weekend?
- Participate in the following mini-challenges. Done+
- Post a blog in the Management category. This will be my official Post-A-Week post. Done
- It will be published right after this post. Read it here.
- I’m also passionate about education. I need to add that category to my blog. Done
- I added “Coaching” as a blog category and re-categorized a couple of my posts.
- Improve my social networking. Done…
- I don’t think this can every be Done done.
- I’m now using HootSuite. I’ve scheduled a tweet to post in the future. I participated in my first Twitter chat with others participating in Bloggiesta.
- On the advice of bloggrader.com, I added Facebook “Like” button to each of my posts.
- I commented on and subscribed to a new blog.
- Build my backlog based on what I learn this weekend Done (see below)
So, based on what I learned this weekend, I have more work to do on my blog this year. By the end of the year, I plan to:
- Complete the WordPress Post-A-Week challenge and have at least 52 posts written.
- Get listed in 3 to 5 blog directories.
- Learn more about SEO and make three changes to my blog to improve on it. Success will be measured by having a clear #3 source of referrals.
- Spend at least an hour a week on WordPress Tag Surfer to find, read and comment on blogs related to mine.
- Consistently reply to comments on a daily basis.
- Promote my blog on social and professional networks to which I already belong.
A big THANK YOU to everyone participating on Bloggiesta! You are a fabulous community 🙂 It’s been fun.