I have set aside this weekend to invest in my blogs by participating in two blog events: Bloggiesta and Bi-annual Blogathon Bash. Although neither this blog nor my personal blog is a source of income for me, I look forward to these weekends. These events are an opportunity to devote some time to learning something new, connect with a community of awesome bloggers, improve my blogs and reach out to new readers. Best of all, it is time to think. With the busy life I lead, this time is precious.
Why am I participating in two events this weekend? Each event has different value for me.
I found out about Bloggiesta shortly after I started this blog and fell in love with the community. Book bloggers are the BEST people from whom to learn about blogging. Even though I am not a book blogger, I have always felt welcomed in this community and connected with wonderful people. I don’t read for pure pleasure as much anymore, so I also get an update on current literature. That’s a welcome bonus!
Biannual Blogathon Bash is a more generic event, open to all bloggers who want to devote a weekend to checking off items on their blogging to-do lists. I have not been deeply involved in that community, but that event usually has very interesting mini-challenges intended to advance our blogging and social media skills. This weekend there are a couple of interesting mini-challenges, so I decided to participate in both events.
- Complete WordPress Zero-to-Hero assignments I have been saving for this weekend, including
- Participate in at least one Twitter Party
- Participate in at least one mini-challenge from each event
- Get ahead in writing some posts!
- Winter 2014 Biannual Blogathon Bash & Mini Bloggiesta (create-with-joy.com)
- Yay! Bloggiesta Is Back!
- Bloggiesta Mini Challenge: Promoting Your Blog On Facebook
- Blogging Marathon Weekend (Sort of) (adventuresinmontreal.blogspot.ca)